Block #8 “With Love at Christmas” is brought to you by the talented Sola Ajisafe of Alice Samuel’s Quilt Co where you will find the complete block pattern.
- I always read through the entire pattern first, so I have a good understanding of how it is going to be assembled.
- Use the provided coloring page to get ideas how you want to make your three-dimensional gift boxes pop!
- I wrote a list of which size cut pieces went with which fabric color/pattern I chose. This especially helps if you are using a different color theme than that which is used in the pattern diagram example.
- Press your seams towards the center ribbon fabric to make it look like the ribbon is on top of the box.
- I chose the applique option for the top piece ribbon so in the “Piecing the Top of Box” section I skipped step B and C.
With so many possible combinations to make your 3-D gift box shine, I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with for theirs.
It’s just not Christmas without pretty presents under the tree. This present block has doubled the love! 💕🎁🎁💕
Please visit all the hostesses blogs to read their tips and see their completed blocks in a array of fabric and color inspirations!
Abbie at Sparkle On ➡️ You are here :)
April at JANDA Bend Quilts
Becca at Pretty Piney
Bobbi at Snowy Days Quilting
Diane at cwilt
Jennifer at The Inquiring Quilter
Karen of Tu-na Quilts
Laura at Slice of Pi Quilts
Sandy at SandyStar Designs
Sherry at Powered by Quilting
Vanda at Quilt in Piece
The prize for Block #8 includes a pair of Warm Crochet scissors and a PDF pattern of your choice from the talented and creative quilt blogger and designer Yvonne Fuchs of Quilting JETgirl. Also Warm Crochet is offering a 10% discount on purchases to all QAL participants through January 15th 2018. Just enter the code ChristmasQAL at checkout.
Be sure to enter your chance to win both prizes by posting a photo of your finished block on:
- I Wish You a Merry Quilt-A-Long Facebook Group
- On Instagram, be sure to include the hashtag #iwishyouamerryqal in your photo comment.
- The linky party on the featured designer’s blog.
Entries are limited to one per person and the winner will receive both prizes! This block’s giveaway starts at 12:01 AM EDT October 10th and runs through 11:59 PM October 23rd. The winner will be announced on the I Wish You a Merry Quilt-a-LongFacebook page where you can see so many variations of each block as they are released and meet your fellow QAL participants!
*Today, October 10th, two blocks were released #7 and #8. So, on October 24th mystery block #9 will be revealed! ~Abbie ✨
***Anyone that completes a quilt top containing all twelve blocks from the I Wish You a Merry Quilt-a-Long will be entered to win a huge Grand Prize!!! You’ll have until January 15th 2018 to make a quilt top. The final block will be released December 5th.