It is with my great pleasure to announce the release of Block 2 of the Sew, Let’s Quilt Along, “Quilt Along Mug” designed by April Adams of JANDA Bend Quilts. Visit blog to download her free pattern and view her tutorial post.
Who doesn’t love a mug of coffee (me!) or tea when settling down to some relaxing sew time?
- I always review a pattern completely before cutting. It helps me know what techniques will be used and get a feeling of how the pieces go together.
- I printed April’s quote on my mug centerpiece using the template from her pattern and my ink jet printer. I used freezer paper as the backing to stiffen the fabric. It worked wonderfully. There are many tutorials online but the basic technique is to cut your fabric piece to roughly to 10″ x 12” and iron to a slightly smaller size of freezer paper, smoother side to fabric. Rotary cut this to 8 1/2” x 11” and put in your paper tray. Check what side it will print on, my printer required I put the piece in paper side up. Allow ink to dry and cut again to pattern instructions, 5 1/2” x 6 1/2”, with the lettering centered.
This was my first try at printing on fabric and I loved the results! It has opened up so many ideas for projects for me, including printing personal photos to fabric.
- It’s your mug so have fun with it!
As a small projects host, I’m really excited to use April’s block in one of my projects. Small project host’s will show you their creations for your inspiration when the fifth and last block of this segment is released, May 7th.
Visit these hosts to see in a variety of fabric and color inspirations. Host’s also provide their own tips to sewing this block. Also, all the hosts are available to provide tips and help for making each block, answer any questions and encourage you!
To quilt along you can:
- Follow my blog for the latest block release, including links for the featured designer and hosts and to see my version of each block, along with tips to help you make it.
- Join the “Partners in Design” Facebook group . Here you see other participants blocks, post your photos and ask any questions.
- On Instagram, use the hashtag #sewletsqal
♥ Segment 1 Prizes ♥
Check out this awesome prize package we have for the winner of Segment 1! A great thanks to our wonderful sponsors.
- A newly released item from Omnigrid® (a Prym Company)
Large Folding Cutting Kit that includes an 18″x 24″ mat, a 3″x 18″ ruler and a 45 mm rotary cutter.
- A Timeless Treasures Tonga Treat Strip Jr. “Orchid” -20 pc 2 ½ strip pack.
- Two Shabby Fabrics Vintage Blessings printed table runner patterns and a packet of Sunflower laser-cut appliqués (small.)
And! A free PDF pattern of your choice from each of these Partner’s in Design:
Powered by Quilting *up to $10.00
To enter the contest:
Participants can enter the prize drawing by sharing a single photo with all segment blocks on facebook, instagram, or the hosts blog linky party at the end of each segment.
If you complete the blocks and post your photo during a segment and before the next one starts, you will be eligible for the segment prize. To be eligible you must post your photo by May 20, 2019 by 11:59 pm (EST).
The prizes are open to international participants and all participants must be at least 18 years old. Please make your blocks your own in fabrics and embellishments, but only those that make the designer’s pattern are eligible for prize entry.
Mystery Block 3, designed by Sherry Shish of Powered By Quilting will be release on April 9th!
Please quilt along with us! We are looking forward to this fun journey with you!