It is with my great pleasure to announce the release of Block 3 of the Sew, Let’s Quilt Along, “Ruler” designed by Sherry Shish of Powered by Quilting . Visit her blog to download her free pattern and view her tutorial post.
Us quilters know that ruler mats are an integral part of quilting. Now you can have your own quilt block one too! My block is not perfect but hey neither am I ;) I’m quite pleased with how mine turned out! :)
I’m excited to use this block is a small project I have in mind for it. Small project host’s will show you their creations for your inspiration when the fifth and last block of this segment is released, May 7th. If you prefer you can save your blocks to make a quilt top. There are also several hosts who will be using all thirteen blocks to make a quilt and provide your with setting suggestions at the end of the QAL.
- I always review a pattern completely before cutting. It helps me know what techniques will be used and get a feeling of how the pieces go together.
- This block requires precision. Check your 1/4” seams for continuity as you go along. Also, check that each section of your ruler grid is the same measurement as the pattern lists and the grid lines match up before sewing the strips together.
- Starch! Stiffer fabric keeps all the pieces from stretching out of shape. This step also helps make sure your ruler grid pieces will all match up.
Visit the hosts to see this block in a variety of fabric and color inspirations. Host’s also provide their own tips to sewing this block, as well as answer any questions you have and encourage you!
To quilt along you can:
- Follow my blog for the latest block release, including links for the featured designer and hosts and to see my version of each block, along with tips to help you make it.
- Join the Partners in Design Facebook group . Here you see other participants blocks, post your photos and ask any questions.
- On Instagram, use the hashtag #sewletsqal
♥ Segment 1 Prizes ♥
Check out this awesome prize package we have for the winner of Segment 1! A great thanks to our wonderful sponsors.
- A newly released item from Omnigrid® (a Prym Company)
Large Folding Cutting Kit that includes an 18″x 24″ mat, a 3″x 18″ ruler and a 45 mm rotary cutter.
- A Timeless Treasures Tonga Treat Strip Jr. “Orchid” -20 pc 2 ½ strip pack.
- Two Shabby Fabrics Vintage Blessings printed table runner patterns and a packet of Sunflower laser-cut appliqués (small.)
And! A free PDF pattern of your choice from each of these Partner’s in Design:
Powered by Quilting *up to $10.00
To enter the contest:
Participants can enter the prize drawing by sharing a single photo with all five of your completed Segment 1 blocks on the Partners in Design FB page, IG #sewletsqal, or the ending linky party by May 20, 2019 by 11:59 pm (EST).
The prizes are open to international participants and all participants must be at least 18 years old. Please make your blocks your own in fabrics and embellishments, but only those that make the designer’s pattern are eligible for prize entry.
There is also an amazing Grand Prize giveaway to enter at the end of the QAL if you complete all thirteen blocks!
Mystery Block 4, designed by Bobbi Bridgeman of Snowy Days Quilting will be release on April 23rd!
Please quilt along with us! We are enjoying this fun journey with you!