Welcome to Segment 2 of the Sew Let’s Quilt Along! During this segment, running from today May 21st through July 15th, blocks 6 through 9 will be released for a total of four blocks.
I’m happy to announce the release of the first block of Segment, Block 6 “Wonder Clips”, designed by Jennifer Fulton of The Inquiring Quilter. This is a fun pieced 12″ x 12″ pattern with step by step instructions. Aren’t wonder clips wonderful?! No pins :)
Visit her blog to read the tutorial and download your free pattern!
- Be careful when sewing the half clips on either end of the block, it is easy to get them reversed.
- I always review a pattern completely before cutting. It helps me know what techniques will be used and get a feeling of how the pieces go together.
- Starch! Stiffer fabric keeps smaller pieces from stretching out of shape.
- Enjoy and have fun!
Visit the Segment 2 hosts to see this block in a variety of fabric and color inspirations. Hosts also provide their own tips to sewing the block, as well as answer any questions you have.
To quilt along you can:
- Follow my blog for the latest block release, including links for the featured designer and hosts and to see my version of each block, along with tips to help you make it.
- Join the “Partners in Design” Facebook group . Here you see other participants blocks, post your photos and ask any questions.
- On Instagram, use the hashtag #sewletsqal
♥ Segment 2 Prizes ♥
- A Warm 100 queen size batting from the Warm Company.
- A fat quarter selection from Dear Stella, “Can You Dig It?” collection.
- Three printed table runner patterns from the exclusive Shabby Fabrics collection the Vintage Series.
And a pattern of your choice from from each of these Partners in Design:
To enter Segment 2’s contest giveaway:
Complete all four of the blocks in Segment 2 and post one photo showing all of your completed blocks on our FB page, IG #sewletsqal, or the ending linky party by July 15th 11:59 pm (EST).
Also, don’t forget there is a super duper Grand Prize that will be awarded to one lucky winner who completes all 13 blocks and uses them to make small projects or one quilt top.
The prizes are open to international participants and all participants must be at least 18 years old.
Please make your blocks your own in fabrics and embellishments, but only those that make the designer’s pattern are eligible for prize entry.
Learn all about this Partners in Design’s mystery QAL here. Please quilt along with us! We are enjoying this fun journey with you!