I’m happy to announce the release of the Block 9 of the Sew Let’s Quilt Along, “I Love to Quilt Block (Stitches)”, by Kathleen Scargle McCormick of KathleenMcMusing. Visit Kathleen’s blog to view the block tutorial and download the free pattern!
Kathleen provides two versions of her 12″ x 12″ quilt block for you to choose from; appliqued stitches or pieced ones. I chose the pieced stitches and appliqued my lettering. I really love how my block turned out.
- I always review a pattern completely before cutting. It helps me know what techniques will be used and get a feeling of how the pieces go together.
- Starch fabric. Be sure to starch and press your fabric before you cut your piece sizes.
- Removing backing from small applique pieces can be challenging, especially if you have short finger nails like me. I prick the paper with a pin and lift it away from the fabric, so much easier!
- I raw edge appliqued machine stitched the lettering.
Visit the Segment 2 hosts to see this block in a variety of fabric and color inspirations. Hosts also provide their own tips to sewing the block, as well as answer any questions you have.
Segment 2 of the Sew Let’s Quilt Along:
During this segment, running from May 21st through July 15th, blocks 6 through 9 will be released for a total of four blocks.
Block 10, by Laura Piland of Slice of Pi Quilts, will be released on July 16, 2019.
To quilt along you can:
- Follow my blog for the latest block release, including links for the featured designer and hosts and to see my version of each block, along with tips to help you make it.
- Join the “Partners in Design” Facebook group . Here you see other participants blocks, post your photos and ask any questions.
- On Instagram, use the hashtag #sewletsqal
♥ Segment 2 Prizes ♥
- A Warm 100 queen size batting from the Warm Company.
- A fat quarter selection from Dear Stella, “Can You Dig It?” collection.
- Three printed table runner patterns from the exclusive Shabby Fabrics collection the Vintage Series.
And a pattern of your choice from from each of these Partners in Design:
To enter Segment 2’s contest giveaway:
Complete all four of the blocks in Segment 2 and post one photo showing all of your completed blocks on our FB page, IG #sewletsqal, or the ending linky party by July 15th 11:59 pm (EST).
Also, don’t forget there is a super duper Grand Prize that will be awarded to one lucky winner who completes all 13 blocks and uses them to make small projects or one quilt top.
The prizes are open to international participants and all participants must be at least 18 years old.
Please make your blocks your own in fabrics and embellishments, but only those that make the designer’s pattern are eligible for prize entry.
Patterns are free during the duration of the QAL.
Learn all about this Partners in Design’s mystery QAL here. Please quilt along with us! We are enjoying this fun journey with you!