Hello! It’s month six of the Barn Quilt BOM from Sherry Shish of Powered by Quilting.
You will be making the top and bottom borders to complete the quilt top! The borders are two strips of 12 star blocks each using the stitch and flip method for the units. The stitch and flip method creates triangles in the corners of your background fabric.The triangles make up the stars.
There are a lot of pieces and diagonal lines to draw. Hang in there, this is the final stretch! I was so pleased with my borders and can’t wait to finish the quilt top and show it to you next month.
Again, this month chain piecing is an essential time saver and helps keep your piecing progress organized. Chain piecing is a technique to sew your same set pieces continuously in an assembly fashion with out having to stop, lift the needle, cut the thread and them start again with a new set.
The Barn Quilt BOM pattern is written and designed by Sherry Shish and is available for purchase for $20.00 by clicking below:
Barn Quilt BOM Hosts: Please visit these hosts to see their Month 4 blocks too! And to get their tips and inspiration for working on yours.
Abbie Danahy of Sparkle On! >>>you are here!
April Adams of JANDA Bend Quilts
Kathleen McCormick of Kathleen McMusing
Vanda Chittenden of Quilting with Vanda
Quilt Along Schedule: The first Wednesday of each month.
- August: Barn BOM started!
- September: Month 1 blocks.
- October 10/2: Month 2 blocks and Mini Quilt #1 assembly.
- November 11/6: Month 3 blocks.
- December 12/4: Month 4 blocks and Mini Quilt #2 assembly.
- January 1/1: Month 5 blocks/Mini Quilt #3 assembly.
- February 2/5: Month 6 blocks and Quilt Top Assembly
- March 3/4: Show off your amazing work!
Thank you for visiting!