Block 4 of the Fall Into a QAL is the “Sunflower Block” designed by Sandy Maxfield of SandyStar Designs, where you can download the free pattern.
This is a fun and cheery pieced block. Sandy’s pattern is easy to follow with step by step directions.
- This block has quite a few pieces, but many are the same size which makes cutting them go quickly.
- I pressed all my seems to one side, to the right:
- I’m ready to assemble my block!
A cute story I like to tell is of my mother, who loves growing her sunflowers. She always plants them in her front yard right up along side the house. One year a sunflower grew in “the wrong direction,” facing away from the sidewalk and towards the house. It just so happen to be in front of her dining room window, and she told me “She is always peeking in at me.”! 🌻
Fall Fun: Sunflowers bloom here in Pennsylvania well into Autumn and then as the flower fades and dries, the seeds can be to baked for a tasty snack or left on the head for your bird friends enjoy!
Please visit all of the QAL hosts to see this block in a variety of inspirational fabrics and to read their tips. We can’t wait to see all of your beautiful sunflowers!
Abbie at Sparkle On! >>>You are here!
April at JANDA Bend Quilts
Bobbi at Snowy Days Quilting
Jennifer at The Inquiring Quilter
Karen at Tu-Na Quilts, Travel and Eats
Sherry at Powered by Quilting
Vanda at Quilting with Vanda
To enter your block for this release’s prize you can:
- Join the “Partners in Design“ Facebook group and post a photo of your block. Here you will also meet and can interact with other the quilters who are participating in the QAL.
- On Instagram using the hashtag #fallintoaqal
- Join the linky party on Sandy’s blog.
* To keep the contest portion of the QAL fair and fun for everyone, the prize will be randomly awarded to one person who completed the designer’s block pattern. We encourage you to make each block your own, however a substitution will not gain entry. The deadline for entry is Monday 7/9/18 at 11:59 EDT. We would love you to post your photos on all our formats, but entry is limited to one per person per block. You must be 18 years or older to enter. *
Block 5, designed by Kathleen McCormick, will be released on 7/10/18.
It is not too late to join us and make your Autumn themed quilt! Read all about it here.