Have you been hanging by a thread waiting for the reveal of mystery Block 4 of the Sew, Let’s Quilt Along?!!
Today Bobbi Bridgeman of Snowy Days Quilting brings you two! thread spool patterns she designed for your choosing, “Thread Tales” and “Spinning Spools.” Visit her blog to download her free patterns and view her tutorial post.
I chose to make “Thread Tales,” a fun assortment of threads on shelves.
- I always review a pattern completely before cutting. It helps me know what techniques will be used and get a feeling of how the pieces go together.
- This block requires precision. Check your 1/4” seams for continuity as you go along.
- Starch! Stiffer fabric keeps smaller pieces from stretching out of shape.
- Follow Bobbi’s step by step patterns and you will succeed!
I’m excited to use this block is a small project I have in mind for it. Small project host’s will show you their creations for your inspiration when the fifth and last block of this segment is released, May 7th. If you prefer you can save your blocks to make a quilt top. There are also several hosts who will be using all thirteen blocks to make a quilt and provide your with setting suggestions at the end of the QAL.
Visit the hosts to see this block in a variety of fabric and color inspirations. Host’s also provide their own tips to sewing this block, as well as answer any questions you have and encourage you!
To quilt along you can:
- Follow my blog for the latest block release, including links for the featured designer and hosts and to see my version of each block, along with tips to help you make it.
- Join the “Partners in Design” Facebook group . Here you see other participants blocks, post your photos and ask any questions.
- On Instagram, use the hashtag #sewletsqal
♥ Segment 1 Prizes ♥
Check out this awesome prize package we have for the winner of Segment 1! A great thanks to our wonderful sponsors.
- A newly released item from Omnigrid® (a Prym Company)
Large Folding Cutting Kit that includes an 18″x 24″ mat, a 3″x 18″ ruler and a 45 mm rotary cutter.
- A Timeless Treasures Tonga Treat Strip Jr. “Orchid” -20 pc 2 ½ strip pack.
- Two Shabby Fabrics Vintage Blessings printed table runner patterns and a packet of Sunflower laser-cut appliqués (small.)
And! A free PDF pattern of your choice from each of these Partner’s in Design:
Powered by Quilting *up to $10.00
To enter the contest:
If you complete all five of the blocks in Segment 1 and post one photo of all five on our FB page, IG #sewletsqal, or the ending linky party, by May 20, 2019 by 11:59 pm (EST), you will be entered into the random drawing for the segment prize.
Don’t forget that if you complete all 13 blocks in a project or projects and share between September 10th-23rd, you will be eligible for the Grand Prize package!
The prizes are open to international participants and all participants must be at least 18 years old. Please make your blocks your own in fabrics and embellishments, but only those that make the designer’s pattern are eligible for prize entry.
Mystery Block 5, designed by Abbie Danahy, that’s me!, of Sparkle On! will be release on May 7, 2019.
Also, on May 7th we will present Segment Project Suggestions for you.
And on May 21 the Segment 1 Prize Winner will be announced!
Please quilt along with us! We are enjoying this fun journey with you!