Block #5 “Snowman” is brought to you by the talented Sherry Shish of Powered by Quilting, where you will find her complete pattern and tutorial.
- I made sure I read through Sherry’s entire pattern first. There are a lot of pieces and I wanted to make sure I knew what piece was going to going where!
- I like to write a sticky note list for each color with sizes that I will need to cut before I start, so I can check them off as I go along. Do you have a method to keep track of what you cut and what you need to still cut?
- As I made each section in the pattern, I compared it with the accompanying diagram for accuracy.
- To have extra fabric to work with when you go to square your finished block to 12 1/2″, add a little to the 3 1/2″ width of the “P” side pieces.
- I opted to applique on his face and arm pieces.
This block does have a lot of pieces and I worried about accurate seams and matching corners. But all that “melted” away when I started to sew, I got so absorbed in building my Snowman that I did not stop until he was done!
Sherry’s pattern has easy to read and follow instructions that a beginner quilter like me had no problems following. However, after this QAL I am graduating myself to advanced beginner! I am learning so much, thanks to every designer’s great tutorials and variety of techniques. I hope you are too!
Please visit all the hostesses blogs to read their tips and see their completed blocks in a variety of fabric and color inspirations.
Abbie at Sparkle On ➡️ You are here :)
April at JANDA Bend Quilts
Becca at Pretty Piney
Bobbi at Snowy Days Quilting
Diane at cwilt
Jennifer at The Inquiring Quilter
Karen of Tu-na Quilts
Laura at Slice of Pi Quilts
Sandy at Sandy Star Designs
Sherry at Powered by Quilting *featured block designer
Vanda at Quilt in Piece
To enter your chance to win these two awesome prizes, post a photo of your finished block on:
- I Wish You a Merry Quilt-A-Long Facebook Group
- On Instagram, be sure to include the hashtag #iwishyouamerryqal in your photo comment.
- The linky party on the featured designer’s blog.
Entries are limited to one per person and the winner will receive both prizes! This block’s giveaway starts at 12:00 AM EDT September 12th and runs through 11:59 PM September 25th. The winner will be anounce on our Facebook page. where you can see so many versions of each designer’s block. Join the fun and meet your fellow QAL particpants!
Bonus Alert: “Snowman” block designer Sherry Swish has her new pattern on sale for an introductory price of $5.99, no code needed. And, Sherry is offering 25% off the rest of her patterns for QAL participants using the code MERRYQAL25 on her Etsy and PayHip shops. To see her patterns visit Powered by Quilting pattern page. Her offers expire 9/30/17.
*On September 26th Block #6 will be released!
🎵 Frosty the Snowman, is a fairytale, they say. He was made of snow, but the children know he came to life one day.”🎵
Enjoy making your very own Snowman or Snowgal come to life! ⛄️