I’m happy to announce the release of the Block 12 “Rotary Cutter” by Sandy Maxfield of SandyStar Designs. Visit Sandy’s blog to view the block tutorial and download her free pattern!
This is a pieced block with applique, an applique rotary cutter of course! We all have one and a sewing project would not get off to the right start with out it! Have fun personalizing your cutter to your quilt fabric!
- I always review a pattern completely before cutting. It helps me know what techniques will be used and get a feeling of how the pieces go together.
- When using a lighter fabric than your background fabric for your applique pieces, consider using a light interfacing to prevent the background from showing through.
- Sandy’s pattern is easy to follow. If you have not made a Half Square Rectangle unit before, it can look tricky. But just follow Sandy’s pattern instructions and it will be easy!
Visit the Segment 3 hosts to see this block in a variety of fabric and color inspirations. Hosts also provide their own tips to sewing the block, as well as answer any questions you have.
Segment 3 of the Sew Let’s Quilt Along:
During this segment, running from through blocks 10 through 13 will be released for a total of four blocks. This is the final QAL segment! ….
♥ Segment 3 Prizes ♥
From our Sponsors!
A Craft Storage Tool Box from Everything Mary.
4” Needlecraft Scissors from Omnigrid (a Prym Company).
A 5 Piece Fat Quarter bundle from Paintbrush Studio Fabrics of the “Ring Ring” collection by Hoodie Crescent (color Cinnamon).
A 13 piece Fat Quarter Bundle from Timeless Treasures of the Colette Collection.
A free digital pattern from each of our Segment 3 designers!
Laura Piland from Slice of Pi Quilts
Becca Fenstermaker from Pretty Piney
Sandy Maxfield from SandyStar Designs
April Adams from JANDA Bend Quilts *Christmas Tree Farm table runner
To quilt along you can:
- Follow my blog for the latest block release, including links for the featured designer and hosts and to see my version of each block, along with tips to help you make it.
- Join the “Partners in Design” Facebook group . Here you see other participants blocks, post your photos and ask any questions.
- On Instagram, use the hashtag #sewletsqal
To enter Segment 3’s contest giveaway:
Complete all four of the blocks in Segment 3 and post one photo showing all of your completed blocks on our FB page, IG #sewletsqal, or the ending linky party by September 9th 11:59 pm (EST).
Also, don’t forget there is a super duper Grand Prize that will be awarded to one lucky winner who completes all 13 blocks and uses them to make small projects or one quilt top. Photo entries for the Grand Prize must be posted by September 23rd.
The prizes are open to international participants and all participants must be at least 18 years old.
Please make your blocks your own in fabrics and embellishments, but only those that make the designer’s pattern are eligible for prize entry.
All patterns are free during the duration of the QAL.
In two weeks the last but not least block of the QAL will be released! Block 13 designed April Adams of JANDABend Quilts by be released on 8/27/2019.
And the Segment 3 wrap up with our GP prizes announced!!!
Thank you to all our QAL Sponsors!
Learn all about this Partners in Design’s mystery QAL here. Please quilt along with us! We are enjoying this fun journey with you!